Sunday, April 22, 2012

Life is a Phoenix, Burn with Rebirth

I welcome myself back to this mode of expression with a slight trepidation in my hands.  Writing has not been my medium for some time, and rusty with that thought, I try to do it justice.  There is no telling how this will come out, but I persevere. 

Change has been an intense overtone in my life for awhile now.  The ones that brought us forth and taught us of ourselves and our reserves of spirit move on.  We who are left behind tell ourselves to hope of better days.  For awhile we believe that though we falter, we remain to carry the wieght of day to day living. 

I told myself a bit back that if I could have only one day in every week to carry the bad deeds and words that creep into my mind, it would be worth the struggle and pain.  Then, Friday hit me. 

True to my way of thinking, as minor as some behaviours seem to outside parties, I felt as though a frieght train had broadsided me.  Like most people, I believe, I hold myself to a near unattainably high standard of behaviour.  I also, like most people, am my worst critic and punisher. 

Therefore, this day I speak of has given me a new resolve I haven't had in too long a time.  Unfortunately, I cannot master time & space, so going back to change events is not an option.  My only recourse is to start anew and mend myself, mold myself to that better standard of which I dream. 

Resolutions are a pest, but here they are:

1.  No more alcohol: I become someone I don't like when inebriated. 

2.  Say no to negativity:  I am not faultless, so it is hypocritical to be judgemental of others.

3.  Get Physically happy:  Eat right, do right, exercise to exorcise.

4.  Get Spiritually happy:  Expand my musical ability, refresh myself in the dirt with the plant life, expunge my living conditions to lift my spirits. Meditate regularly.

5.  Experience Newness:  Do something different, go somewhere new every week. 

6.  Give forth positivity:  Say or do something small & positive everyday.  What we send out to the universe defines us.


So, here's hoping that these ideas can become ideals.  It's too late to change what has been, but it's never to late for growth.

have a blissfully excentric day,

Kate E.

No comments: